Spicy Amla Pickle Recipe / Amla Ka Achar / Indian Gooseberry Pickle
Spicy Amla Pickle Recipe is a spicy, sweet and tangy. This wonder fruit is enriched with Vitamin C. Amla Pickle is made of boiled amla mixed with turmeric powder, hing and other Indian Spices. You can serve with hot chapattis and sabji or with rice and dal. You can store it 20-25 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Amla – 1/2 kg
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – 3 tbsp
- Dry Methi Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Oil – 1/4 cup
- Boil the amla in pressure cooker without water and wait for 1 whistle.
- Allow to cool, remove the seeds from amla and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and fry for 2 min.
- Add the boiled amla, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, methi powder and hing, mix well.
- If the masala is completely coated to the amla, remove from the gas.
- Keep it full day in the same pan.
- Store in a clean and dry plastic container.