Mango Pickle North Indian Style / Aam Ka Achaar / Mango Pickle Recipe
Mango pickle north indian style is very spicy and tangy pickle recipe. Almost every Indian household has their own favorite recipes for Mango Pickle. It is a great to serve with poori or dal-rice or paratha. You can store it 5-6 month.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Raw Mango (cut into medium size) – 1 kg
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 3-4 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 3-4 tbsp
- Sauf (Fennel seeds) – 3-4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 3-4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 3-4 tbsp
- Methi (Fenugreek) – 1-2 tbsp
- Hing – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 cup
- kalonji seeds – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Wash and soak the mango pieces in water for 2-3 hours.
- Take out the mangoes from the water and keep aside for 2-3 hour.
- After the water dries, add salt and turmeric powder, mix well.
- Fill the mango pieces in a clean and dry plastic tub to melt and keep in a sunlight for 1 or 2 days.
- In a grinder, add methi, sauf, mustard seed and cumin seed, make a coarse powder.
- Mix the coarse powder of spices, kalonji seeds, hing, red chili powder and 1 cup of mustard oil in the mangoes.
- Place the plastic container in a sunlight for 1-2 days.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- After that fill mango pickle in a clean and dry glass or plastic container and pour the remaining mustard oil.
MANGO PICKLE NORTH INDIAN STYLE was last modified: April 15th, 2014 by