Grated Mango Pickle Recipe/ Mango Thokku Recipe / Shredded Mango Pickle Recipe
In grated mango pickle recipe, we can use any variety of raw green mangoes. Mangoes should be raw, green and very sour in taste. Grated mango pickle recipe is made of grated mango, jaggery, mustard seed and Indian spices. You can serve this pickle with idli or dosa or curd rice or plain rice. This is an instant pickle which you can use from the next day.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Raw Mango (less sour) – 4 nos.
- Salt – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 cup
- Hing – a pinch
- Jaggery – 100 gm
- Mustard Seed – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Oil – 1/4 cup
- In a grinder, add grated mango, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and jaggery, make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, add mustard seeds and fry for 2 min.
- Add the grinded paste and fry for 10 min.
- When the thokku leaves sideways, remove from the gas.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Store in a clean and dry plastic container.