Tandoori Roti / Tandoori Roti Recipe / How To Make Tandoori Roti / How To Make Tandoori Naan
Tandoori roti is a very popular Indian bread which is made from whole wheat flour. It made in a clay oven or tandoor. This recipe uses a regular home oven. Tandoori roti is an Indian bread made with a combination of wheat flour-atta and curd. You can serve with makhani dal and subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) – 2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Curd or Dahi – 1 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Salt as per taste –
- In a bowl, add wheat flour or atta, baking powder, salt and curd, mix it till the curd gets completely mixed.
- Add little water and make dough as we are preparing for paratha/roti.
- Cover the dough with a wet cotton cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Pre heat the tandoor or oven for 3-4 mins.
- Make a small round ball from the dough and roll it in a round flat roti.
- Bake the roti for 4-5 minutes in the clay tandoor or in case of an oven, at the temperatue of 200 degree celsius.
- Once some black spots appear on top of the roti and remove from the tandoor and smear some ghee or butter.
- Serve hot tandoori roti with dal or curry dish.