Stuffed Methi Paratha / Methi Paratha / Fenugreek Leaves Paratha / How To Make Methi Paratha
Stuffed methi paratha is a healthy alternative to plain parathas and packed with more flavors and nutrition. Methi or Fenugreek leaves is a main ingredient in methi paratha. You can make methi paratha for lunch, dinner or any other time. Methi paratha is a Punjabi flatbreads made from methi or fenugreek, whole wheat flour along with some spices. You can serve with plain curd or tea or pickle or green chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 3 cup
- Methi leaf (Wash and Finely chopped) – 2 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Butter / Oil for frying –
- In a big bowl, add wheat flour, methi, Salt, ajwain, red chilies, coriander powder and graram masala
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency.
- Cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Then make small balls and roll them like parathas.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa, turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot methi paratha with plain yogurt or tomato chutney or pickle.