Rumali Roti Recipe / Roomali Roti Recipe / How To Make Roomali Roti
Rumali roti recipe is an Indian bread made with a combination of whole wheat flour-atta and maida. Rumali roti recipe has a unique flavour and taste. You can serve with makhani dal and stuffed vegetable or subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) – 11/2 cup
- Maida (Fine flour) – 50 gm
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- In a big bowl, add wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and sieve them together.
- Pour oil in the flour and add water bit by bit and make a smooth & elastic dough and set aside covered with moist muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- Make a small round ball from the dough and roll it in a round flat roti and make very thin.
- Cook on Pre-heat tawa.
- Place the rumali roti carefully over it.
- Wait till that side gets few little golden spot.
- Now turn the roti to the other side and wait again till the other side also gets few little golden spots.
- Then fold it in 3 folds.
- Serve hot rumali roti with Indian curry.
RUMALI ROTI RECIPE was last modified: April 14th, 2014 by