Roti Recipe / Fulka Roti / Chapati Recipe / How To Make Chapatis / Phulka Recipe
Roti recipe is popular Indian bread recipe. It is made from whole wheat flour, traditionally known as atta flour. Phulka also known as roti or chapati. It is a very important part of Indian meals. It is very easy to make. You can serve with makhani dal and stuffed vegetable or subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 1 cup
- Water as needed –
- Salt – a pinch
- Make dough of wheat flour as we are preparing for paratha/roti and cover it with muslin cloth and keep a side for 30 min.
- Make a small round ball from the dough and roll it with a dash of ghee into a ball between the palms.
- Flatten the ball and with the help of a little dry flour, roll into a thin round pancake with a rolling-pin.
- Cook on Pre-heat tawa.
- Place the roti carefully over it.
- Wait till that side gets few little golden spot.
- Now turn the roti to the other side and wait again till the other side also gets few little golden spots.
- Now put this roti directly on medium flame and cook on both sides till it becomes little golden brown.
- Just take care that it does not get burn.
- Spread the ghee or butter in the roti.
- Serve hot chappati with vegetables or curries.