Punjabi Kulcha Recipe / Kulcha Recipe / How To Make Kulchas / Recipe To Make Kulcha
Punjabi kulcha recipe is a popular north Indian flat bread recipe which is quite similar to naan. Kulcha taste is delicious with chole and now you can also be prepared easily at home. Kulcha is very famous in Amritsar. Maida flour dough is rolled into a flat, round shape and baked in tandoor or tawa or oven till turns little golden brown. When baked, it is rubbed with butter. Kulcha is often served with punjabi chole or chana masala or spicy chole (chickpea curry).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Curd – 2-3 tbsp
- Methi (Wash and Finely Chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- Til/Sesame Seed – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, add maida, curd, baking soda, salt, baking powder and oil, sieve together.
- Add enough warm water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 4-5 hour.
- Take small portion from the dough and dust the kulcha with dry maida and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 3-4 inch diameter.
- Now roll the kulcha into a flat disc of 6-7 inch with the roller.
- Sprinkle some methi leaves and til over the at the top of the kulcha.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa or oven (To bake the kulcha in an oven grease a tray with oil and place kulcha in the tray and pre-heat the oven at 50 % power. Place the tray in an oven and bake the kulcha for 2-3 min. Flip the side of the kulcha after 2-3 min, bake it again till both the surfaces turns little golden brown in colour) or tandoor.
- Place the kulcha in a pan and grease it with little oil.
- Roast it till turns little golden brown from the bottom surface.
- Turn it and again pour oil on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot punjabi kulcha with masala chole.