Pua Recipe / Sweet Poori Recipe / Meethi Puri Recipe/ How To Make Pua Recipe
Pua recipe is a popular Indian sweet pancake recipe in North India. Pua is a very tasty, mouthwatering and delicious Sweet poori recipe. Pua recipe is made by mixing wheat flour with sugar milk solution, maida and baking soda. Flavor with sauf and garnish with coconut and chironji. You can serve hot or cold pua with rabri or kheer or any your favorite spicy curry.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 11/2 cup
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tbsp
- Sauf – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) (for dough) – 2 big tbsp
- Milk as per requirment (For dough) –
- Sugar as per needed –
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Chironji – 2 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) For Frying –
- In a bowl, add sugar and milk, make a mix for the preparation of dough and mix well.
- In a bowl, add atta, maida, sugar milk mix, ghee, grated coconut and chironji, mix well.
- Make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold pua with rabri or milk or pickle.