Palak Poori Recipe / Green Poori Recipe / Palak Poori / Palak Puri Recipe / Spinach Poori
Palak Poori Recipe is a nice combination of spinach puree and wheat flour. Palak puri is made by mixing wheat flour with maida, pureed spinach and other spices. It is best enjoyed hot poori with mango pickle, aloo gobhi, bondi raita and aloo curry. Poori served with punjabi dum aloo makes a good lunchbox recipe. Palak make these puris green and healthy too. You can serve it either in breakfast or at the time of evening snacks.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Palak (boil and in a grinder, make a smooth paste) – 2 cup
- Ginger-Green Chili Paste – 1 tbsp
- Wheat flour – 2 cup
- Maida (fine flour) – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil (for dough) – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for deepfrying –
- Water as needed –
- In a big bowl, add wheat flour, maida, oil, palak paste, ginger- green chili paste and salt, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portions and make a smooth ball without any cracks and place it on rolling plate and with help of rolling pin roll it in a circle with 3-4 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot palak poori with aloo curry, curd and pickle.