Mooli Thepla / Mooli Thepla Gujarati Recipe / Mooli Thepla Recipe
Mooli thepla gujarati recipe is favorite gujarati snack bread. It is made from whole wheat flour and grated raddish, flavored with turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and coriander powder, rolled out thin makes a delicious tasting thin soft bread. Serve with pickle and curd.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Grated Mooli – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsbp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil (For Dough) – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 11 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Butter / Oil for frying –
- Squeeze out water from grated mooli as much as possible.
- In a bowl, add atta, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, mooli and mustard oil, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency and cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Then make small balls and roll them like parathas.
- Cook on a pre-heated tawa on low heat and placed rolled thepla on the tawa, cook it gently by pressing spatula or cotton cloth and cook until you see some brown spot on bottom side.
- On other side, flip and cook, when done take it out from tawa and put in casserole to keep it hot.
- If you want more crunchy then cook in low heat.
- Serve hot or cold mooli thepla with pickle.