Missi Roti Recipe / How To Make Missi Roti / Missi Rotis
Missi roti recipe is an Indian bread made with a combination of wheat flour-atta, gram flour-besan and spices. Missi Rotis get their unique flavour from besan. You can serve with makhani dal and stuffed vegetable or subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 3/4 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Besan Flour – 2 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter Melted – 3-4 tbsp
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Onion (optional) – 1/2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, besan, oil, salt, red chill powder, coriander powder, ajwain and onion, mix well.
- Make dough of above mix as we are preparing for paratha/roti.
- Make a small round ball from the dough and roll it in a thick roti.
- Cook on Pre-heat tawa.
- Place the missi roti carefully over it.
- Wait till that side gets few little golden spot.
- Now turn the roti to the other side and wait again till the other side also gets few little golden spots.
- Now put this roti directly on medium flame and cook on both sides till it becomes little golden brown.
- Just take care that it does not get burn.
- Spread the ghee or butter in the roti.
- Smear the butter in the missi roti.
- Serve hot missi roti with vegetables or curries.