Theplas are an inherent part of Gujarati meals and famous for breakfast in Gujarat. Methi thepla recipe is a flatbreads made from fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour along with some spices. This is healthy snack recipe that you can serve any time of the day and you can store for 2-3 days. You can make many variety of theplas like Mooli thepla, doodhi thepla, mixed vegetable thepla and palak thepla. You can serve with curd and pickle.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Methi leaves (Wash and Finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour(atta) – 11/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil (For Dough) – 2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- In a bowl, add atta, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, methi leaves and mustard oil, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency and cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Then make small balls and roll them like parathas.
- Cook on a pre-heated tawa on low heat and placed rolled thepla on the tawa, cook it gently by pressing spatula or cotton cloth and cook until you see some brown spot on bottom side.
- On other side, flip and cook, when done take it out from tawa and put in casserole to keep it hot.
- If u want more crunchy then cook in low heat.
- Serve hot or cold methi thepla with pickle and curd.