Makki Di Roti Recipe / Punjabi Makki Ki Roti Recipe / Punjabi Corn Flour Bread
Makki di roti recipe is a flat Indian bread recipe. It is very important element of the rural Punjabi cuisine. Makki di roti is generally made during the winter-time. Makki rotis are made from maize flour. Makki flour is yellow in color. Serve with spinach saag or sarson da saag, makhan or butter and buttermilk.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Makki ka atta (maize flour) – 2 cup
- Warm Water – as per needed
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Make dough of makki flour and warm water, as we are preparing for paratha/roti.
- Take a small portion of dough and mash with hands it till soft and make a small ball, flatten with palms.
- Rub some water on your palms and press with fingers to enlarge this dough ball, now press with your palms to make a round of 3-4 inch in diameter.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa.
- Place the roti carefully over it and turn when one side is done.
- When other side is also cooked and cook directly on low flame, turning around until both sides are pink.
- Smear the ghee in the roti.
- Serve hot with sarson ka saag/ jaggery.