Lauki Ka Paratha / How To Make Lauki Paratha / Bottle Gourd Paratha
Lauki ka paratha is healthy, tasty and delicious Gujarati breakfast recipe. Lauki paratha is made of whole wheat flour, grated lauki or doodhi, grated tomato, garlic paste , salt, ajwain, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. You can serve as breakfast or dinner or lunch. You can enjoy with curd or pickle or chutney.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Lauki – 1 cup
- Grated Tomato – 1 cup
- Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Wheat Flour or Atta – 3 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Butter / Oil for frying –
- Water as needed –
- Squeeze out as much as possible water from bottle gourd and tomato, keep aside.
- In a big bowl, add wheat flour, doodhi or lauki, tomato, garlic paste , salt, ajwain, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency.
- Cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls and roll them like paratha.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa, turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot lauki ka paratha with spicy curd or any chutney or pickle.