Chana Dal Paratha Recipe / Chana Dal Paratha / Stuffed Chana Dal Paratha
Chana dal paratha recipe are nutritious and a wholesome meal. Chana Dal Paratha is a delicious paratha recipe made with combination of flours, bengal gram and spices. It is the most flavorful and tasty paratha which is great to serve with raita or chutney.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Wash and soak chana dal for over night.
- In a grinder, add soaked channa dal, garlic, ginger, green chili, coriander leaves and grind it, make fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add ajwain and dal paste, half fry the mix, then add salt and dry mango powder.
- Fry the mix till the dal changes colour lightly, stir continuously.
- In a bowl, add atta and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa. Turn it and pour half tablespoon oil.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till turns golden brown.
- Serve hot dal paratha with yogurt (curd) and your favorite chutney and pickle.