Butter Roti Recipe / How To Make Butter Roti / Punjabi Butter Roti Recipe
Butter roti recipe is easy to make, tasty and different in taste. Butter roti recipe is made using whole wheat flour and cumin seed. You can be eaten with any dal, vegetable or makhani dal and stuffed vegetable or subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) – 11/2 cup
- Melted Butter – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seed – 11/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Warm Water – 3/4 cup
- In a bowl, add the flour, cumin seeds and salt.
- Add warm water and make dough as we are preparing for paratha/roti.
- Cover the dough with damp muslin cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Add the melted butter in the dough and knead well.
- Take small portions from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour some more melted butter and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little, pour some butter and again roll it to form roti.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa.
- Turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the roti and shallow fry over low heat. Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till roti becomes crispy and little golden brown.
- Serve hot butter roti with curry dish.