Butter Naan Roti Recipe / Butter Naan / How To Make Naan
Butter naan roti recipe is a oven-baked flatbread, but you can also make in gas stove. It is a popular roti recipe in the North India. Naan is easy to make at home. It is made of maida or all plain flour, yeast, sugar, curd and baking soda. You can serve with makhani dal and stuffed vegetable or subz korma or kadai paneer or jeera aloo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Dry Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Maida (Fine flour) – 21/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Sugar (For Dough) – 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/8 tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – 3 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- In a bowl, add yeast and sugar, add warm water and keep it covered for about 10 minutes or till its frothy.
- In a bowl, add maida, salt, sugar and baking soda and mix well,
- When yeast mix is baked, add yogurt and oil, mix well and pour this yeast mixture into dry flour mix,
- Mix well and Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 3-4 hour.
- After that it will be double or triple in size and divide it into 6 equal portions and cover it till you use.
- Cook on coverd pan on low heat and dust your rolling board with some flour and take one ball and roll it in an oval shape about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide and use some dry flour if need.
- Now apply some water on surface, when pan is hot, put the watered surface down on pan.
- When one side is cooked, sprinkle some water other side and cook for 1 minute.
- Then flip it and cover immediately and cook till for 40-50 seconds.
- Remove it from the pan and spread it some butter.
- Serve hot butter naan with dal makhani and curry.