Bajre Ki Roti Recipe / Bajra Roti / Bajra Bhakri / Millet Flat Bread Recipe
Bajre ki roti recipe is a tasty bread recipe in Rajasthani. It goes well with almost any vegetarian. It is flat breads made from millet-bajre flour. Bajra-millet is a hearty gluten free grain that is easily digestible and contains many beneficial nutrients. It is rich with protein, fiber, B-complex, vitamins including niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. You can serve with butter or ghee along with some gravy curry or dal, lahsan-garlic chutney and onion slices.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Bajra flour – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onions – 1/4 cup
- Potato (boil and mash) – 3/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) –
- In a bowl, add bajra flour, onion, ghee, salt, potato and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Make dough of above mix as we are preparing for paratha/roti by adding warm water.
- Make a small round ball from the dough and roll it in a thick roti.
- Cook on Pre-heat tawa.
- Place the roti carefully over it and turn when one side is done.
- When other side is also cooked and cook directly on low flame, turning around until both sides are pink.
- Smear the butter in the roti.
- Serve hot bajre ki roti recipe with topped with fresh butter or ghee along with some gravy curry, lahsan chutney and onion slices.