Amritsari Aloo Kulcha Recipe / Stuffed Kulcha / Indian Stuffed Bread
Amritsari aloo kulcha recipe is a popular north Indian style stuffed bread recipe. Aloo kulcha is made by stuffing potato filling into it. You can use different type of stuffing like as any fresh seasonal veggies, onion, paneer and pea. Maida flour dough is rolled into a flat, round shape and stuff with aloo, green chili, ginger and spices. Baked in tandoor or tawa or oven till turns little golden brown. When baked, it is rubbed with butter. Aloo kulcha is often served with punjabi chole or chana masala or spicy chole.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Curd – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil (for dough) – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Potato (boil and mash) – 3-4 nos.
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- In a bowl, add maida, curd, baking soda, baking powder, cumin seed, salt and oil, sieve together.
- Add enough warm water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 4-5 hour.
- For making stuff:—
- In a bowl, add mashed potato, salt, green chili, ginger, dry mango powder, red chili powder and coriander leaves, mix well and keep aside.
- Take small portion from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour the stuff mix and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little and make a kulcha, dust the kulcha with dry maida and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 3-4 inch diameter.
- Now roll the kulcha into a flat disc of 6-7 inch with the roller.
- Sprinkle some cumin seed over the at the top of the kulcha.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa or oven (To bake the kulcha in an oven grease a tray with oil and place kulcha in the tray and pre-heat the oven at 50 % power. Place the tray in an oven and bake the kulcha for 2-3 min. Flip the side of the kulcha after 2-3 min, bake it again till both the surfaces turns little golden brown in colour) or tandoor.
- Place the kulcha in a pan and grease it with little oil.
- Roast it till turns little golden brown from the bottom surface.
- Turn it and again pour oil on the other side.
- Cook on a low heat till turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot amritsari aloo kulcha with masala chole.