Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe / Aloo Methi Paratha / Aloo Methi Stuffed Paratha
Aloo methi paratha recipe is a soft, tasty and delicious paratha. Paratha is stuffed with potatoes and nutritious methi-fenugreek leaves. It is a healthy and great lunch option for kids lunch box. It contains the goodness of methi leaves and yumminess of potatoes. You can serve with pickle or curd or chutney.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dough : —- –
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 3 cup
- Water as needed –
For Stuffing: —- – –
- Finely Chopped Methi Leaves – 1 cup
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 11/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Butter / Oil for frying – –
- Make dough of wheat flour (atta), as we are preparing for paratha/roti.
- For Stuffing:— In a big bowl, add mashed potato, methi leaves, cumin seed, green chilies, red chili powder and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly.
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa. Turn it and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
- Cook it till turns golden brown colour.
- Serve hot aloo methi paratha with yogurt, chutney and pickle.