Aloo Bhatura Recipe / How To Make Aloo Bhatura / Punjabi Bhatura Recipe / Instant Bhatura Recipe
Aloo bhatura recipe is a fluffy deep-fried Indian bread from North India. Bhatura is made of fine flour or maida, curd or yogurt, salt, boiled potato and ghee. Kneaded well and make a soft dough and take small balls of it, flattened using a rolling pin. Deep fried it till they puff up into a lightly browned, soft and fluffy bread.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp
- Potato (Boil and mash) – 3-4 nos.
- Curd – 1/3 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- In a bowl, add maida, mashed potato, salt, oil and curd, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15-20 min.
- Put some dry flour in your hands and take lemon size of dough in your hands and make a round ball.
- Take one ball and dust with dry flour and place the ball on rolling plate and roll giving it a round shape, keep it thick like a paratha.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry till turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot aloo bhatura with aloo curry, curd and ickle.