Quick Lemon Rice Recipe / How To Make Lemon Rice Recipe
Quick Lemon Rice Recipe is a delicious South Indian rice dish. Lemon juice gives a very refreshing and tangy flavor to the rice. It is made of cooked or leftover rice with lemon juice and Indian spices. Tadka with chana dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, split urad dal and dried red chili. You can serve with a raita.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Rice – 2 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Grated Carrot – 2-3 tbsp cup
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Split Urad – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice –
- Salt as per taste –
- Wash and cook rice or even left over rice can be used.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, split urad dal and dried red chili.
- Fry it for 2-3 min or it till turns little golden brown.
- Add green chili, turmeric powder and curry leaves, mix well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well, fry it.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with carrot.
- Serve hot lemon rice with raita.