Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe / Paneer Kofta Recipe / Paneer Kofta
Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe is a tasty and healthy dish. A rich tasty kofta curry made with paneer. The mashed paneer is made into kofta and dropped in a rich onion-tomato based curry. You can serve with roti or paratha or rice.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Kofta:—– –
- Potato – 1 cup
- Grated Paneer – 2 cup (1/4 cup paneer for kofta filling)
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Cornflour – 3 tbsp
- Maida (Fine flour) – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
For Curry:—— –
- A pinch of hing –
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 large
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – as per taste
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- For making kofta:— In a bowl, add paneer, potato, salt, green chili and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add cornflour (if not bind, add more cornflour) and maida, knead it to make smooth dough.
- Spread some ghee on top and cover the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide into 20 equal parts and roll between your palm and make smooth small balls.
- Make a small hole in each ball and stuff little paneer, kaju and 1-2 raisins.
- Make sure to seal tightly and make the entire balls with stuffing and cover it with damp cloth.
- Make small balls and press it tightly and then shape into ball.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat, add balls.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and keep them aside.
- For making curry:—– Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, ginger-garlic paste, cumin seed and onion, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili, mix well.
- Add tomato, kasoori methi and coriander powder, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Cook it till curry becomes thick.
- Add garam masala, sugar and water, boil it.
- Add fried kofta and cook for 4-5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot paneer kofta curry with roti or paratha orrice.