Spinach Black Eyed Peas Curry / Spinach With Black Eyed Peas / Black Eyed Peas Spinach
Spinach black eyed peas curry is healthy and nutritious Gravy curry. Black eyed peas is a popular beans in the South Indian. Boiled black eyed peas cook with spinach, onion, garlic and Indian spices. Spinach or palak is packed with vital nutrients such as iron and beta-carotene and it is a good source of fiber. Spinach is a wonderful green leafy vegetable.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Dry Red Chili – 3-4 nos.
- Coriander Seed – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Garlic Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Baby Spinach – 1 bundle
- Black Eye Peas (soak for 5-6 hour) – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 3-4 nos.
- In a pressure cooker, add soaked black eye peas with little salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook it till gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the tawa on medium flame, add dry red chili, coriander seeds, cumin seed and mustard seed.
- Fry it till you gets a nice aroma and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add dry red chili, coriander seeds, cumin seed and mustard seed, make a fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add onion and garlic.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add garlic paste and ground masala, mix well.
- Add the spinach, little salt and boiled black eyed peas.
- Cook it till leaves gets soft.
- Serve hot spinach with black eye peas with rice.