Methi Mutter Malai Recipe / Methi Matar Malai
Methi Mutter Malai Recipe is very tasty and different in taste. Methi leaves and green peas cooked in fresh cream with Indian Spices. Methi matar malai is a rich in creamy taste and healthy side dish with paratha or roti or naan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Methi Leaves – 11/2 cup
- Green Pea (boil) – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Cashew Nut/Kaju – 10-14 nos.
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 nos.
- Onion – 1 nos.
- Ginger – 1 inch pieces
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream – 3/4 cup
- Green Chili – 2 nos.
- In a grinder, add onion, ginger, garlic, green chili and cashews, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the 1 cup of water, add methi and mutter, boil it till it gets soft.
- In a grinder, add cooked methi and mutter, make a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee-oil together in a small cooker, add onion paste.
- Fry for 5 min or till turns little golden brown.
- If the oil leaves the sides, add the grind methi mutter mixture, salt and sugar, mix well.
- Add little water and fresh cream, mix well.
- When it starts boiling, close the cooker and wait for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot methi mutter malai with naan/paratha/roti.
METHI MUTTER MALAI RECIPE was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by