Chana Kadhi / Kala Chana Kadhi
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Kala Chana – 1/2 cup
- Curd (Dahi) – 1 cup
- Besan Flour – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Oil for frying –
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Wash and soak kala chana for 6-7 hour or overnight.
- Cook kala chana in a pressure cook by adding salt and water.
- Cook on medium flame till chana becomes soft and remove excess water, keep aside.
- In a bowl, add curd, besan, green chili and turmeric powder, mix well and make sure there are not any lumps.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, mustard seed and curry leaves, fry for 1-2 min.
- Add curd mixture and boil it, stir in between.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Add boiled chana and water and mix properly, cook on low flame till curry become thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot chana kadhi with rice.
KALA CHANA KADHI was last modified: March 25th, 2014 by