Chole Recipe / How To Make Chole Chana Masala / Chana Masala Recipe
Chole recipe is a traditional and popular Indian dish. Boiled kabuli channa cooked with spicy onion tomato gravy and garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve the chole masala with roti or rice or poori or aloo bhatura.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Kabuli Chana – 1 cup
- Cinnaman or Dal Chini – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Black Cardamom – 1-2 nos.
- Oil for frying
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Tomato Puree – 3/4 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Anardana – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 1 tbsp
- Water as needed
- Channa Masala – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak chana for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook chana in a pressure cook with salt and water.
- Cook on medium flame till chana becomes soft and remove excess water, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, cloves, black cardamom and cinnaman.
- Fry it for 3-4 min.
- Add green chilies, chopped tomato and cover it, cook for 4-5 more mins.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, anardana powder and salt, mix well.
- Add boiled chana and water, cook it till curry becomes little thick.
- Add channa masala and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot chole with rice/poori/bathura.
CHOLE RECIPE was last modified: March 25th, 2014 by