White Peas Chaat Recipe / Mutter Chaat Recipe / Matar Ki Chaat Recipe
White peas chaat recipe is simple, tasty and delicious snack dish. This is using from dry white peas or mutter that are light brown in colour. Boiled white peas are tossed with onion, tomatoes, potatoes, tamrind chutney, green chutney, green chili, lemon juice, chaat masala and papdi, makes a flavorful and tangy evening snack dish. Mutter ki chaat can be served as a snack or as a main dish with kulcha or naan.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Soaked Dried Whole Pea or Matar (light brown in color and they looks like chick peas) – 2 cup
- Potato (boiled and chopped) – 2 nos.
- A pinch Asafoetida –
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 large
- Tamrind Chutney – as per taste
- Green Chutney – as per taste
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice – as per taste
- Salt as per taste –
- Roasted Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
- Papdi or Sev – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cook soaked pea in a pressure cooker with water and salt.
- Cook it till pea gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add asafoetida, onion, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Fry for 4-5 min.
- Sprinkle with spices to individual taste.
- Add cooked pea, chaat masala, roasted cumin seed and mix well.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Pour tamarind chutney, green chutney and lemon juice, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, onion slices and papdi or sev.
- Serve hot mutter chaat as a snack or as a main dish.