Vegetable Kati Roll Recipe / Vegetable Frankie Recipe / How To Make Veg Frankie
Vegetable kati roll recipe is a popular street food in India. Kathi rolls can be made with different stuffing. Vegetable kati roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed vegetable filling. Frankies are also known as Kathi rolls or Wrap. Frankies are perfect meal for any time. You can serve as a snack or for lunch. Serve with sliced onion and lemon slices or tomato ketchup.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 6-7
- Skill Level: Medium
For the Stuffing:——
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Capsicum (cut into slices) – 1/4 cup
- Cauliflower (cut into small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Moong Sprout – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Grated Paneer – 1/2 cup
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 1/2 cup
- Corn Flour (make a paste, add in 1/2 cup of water) – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Black Pepper – as per taste
- Green Chutney – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Slices Onion – 1/2 cup
For the Dough:—–
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as per to taste
- Water – as per needed
- Butter – for shallow frying
- For making dough and rotis:— In a big bowl, add wheat flour, maida, salt and oil.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency.
- Cover it and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and smoothen them.
- Roll them into 5-6 inch diameter circles.
- Fry them one by one till they are half cooked on both the sides and keep aside.
- For making filling:—-Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add garlic and onion.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Add cauliflower, capsicum, moong sprouts and carrots, fry for 3-4min.
- Add corn flour paste into the cooking vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Add mashed potato, paneer, salt and black pepper, mix well and keep aside.
- For making roll:—-Spread some green chutney on the chapattis and then cooked vegetable mixture over it, squeeze little lemon over it and then roll tightly.
- Serve hot combo veg franky with sliced onion and lemon slices.