Sweet Cheela Recipe / Meetha Cheela Recipe / Sweet Cheela
Sweet Cheela Recipe is a popular pancake or cheela in North India. It is sour as well as sweet in taste. If you want less oil healthy breakfast then Cheela is a good option. It is made of wheat flour-atta, gur-jaggery and ghee.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 2 cup
- Grated Jaggery – 11/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter)
- In a bowl, add water and jaggery, stir it till the jaggery dissolves completely in the water and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add flour and jaggery solution, make sure that the lumps are not formed and keep aside.
- Cover the batter with a lid and leave it for 10-15 min.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 4-5″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot sweet cheela.
SWEET CHEELA RECIPE was last modified: April 2nd, 2014 by