Sprouted Moong Chilla / Sprouted Moong Dal Chilla / Moong Dal Pancake / Sprouted Moong Dal Cheela
Sprouted moong chilla is a popular and healthy breakfast recipe. Cheela is made of sprout moong beans, rice flour, onion, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves and spices. Dosa is a delicious lentil based pancake recipe which is best enjoyed with a spicy chutney.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Moong Dal (Sprout) – 2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- In a grinder, add green chili, ginger and sprouted moong dal, make a paste.
- In a bowl, add grinded moong dal, onion, red chili powder, coriander leaves, hing and rice flour, mix well and stir the batter for 4-5 min.
- Cover the batter with a lid and leave it for 10-15 min.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 6-7″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot sprouted moong cheela with green coriander chutney.