Sooji Ki Mathri / Suji Ki Mathri / How To Make Sooji Mathri / Rava Mathri
Sooji ki mathri is one of the most common north Indian afternoon tea time snacks. Sooji ki mathri is a perfect tea time snack made from maida, rava and ajwain. These crispy sooji mathris can be stored for many days and serve with hot cup of tea or coffee. Mathri is made in any special occasions and festivals.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Rawa (semolina) – 1/2 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Oil (for dough) – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- In a bowl, add all fine flour, rawa flour, salt, oil, ajwain and mix well.
- Add water and prepare a hard dough, keep aside for 15 -20 min and cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls and flatten them slightly.
- Press lightly the center with your thumb to make a slight depression and prick with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the mathri.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp on both side.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.