Singhare Ki Kachori / Kuttu Ki Kachori Recipe / Stuffed Kachori Recipe
Singhare ki kachori is made especially during pujas that require fasting. Many Indian fasts require the use of special flours, fruits and spices. Singhare or Kuttu ki kachori is made of singhare or kuttu flour, potato, coriander leaves, green chilli and spices. You can serve with chutney or raita.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Singhare or Kuttu Flour – 1 cup
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 4 nos.
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1/4 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- For making stuffing:—- In a bowl, add potato, green chili, ginger, black pepper, dry mango powder and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For making dough:— In a bowl, add atta, little salt and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Take small portion from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour the stuff mix and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little and make a poori, make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry till turns little golden brown on both side.
- Serve hot kuttu kachori with curd/pickle.