Shankarpali Sweet / Khurma Recipe / How To Make Sweet Shankarpali /Shankarpali Recipe
Shankarpali sweet is a popular and is traditional snack in Maharashtra. It is enjoyed as a treat on the Diwali or Holi festival. Shankarpali is made from a doughof milk, sugar, ghee, maida, semolina and salt. These are crispy, crunchy, quite thick, lightly sweet in taste and yummy snack that you can have any time.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Maida (Fine flour) – 11/2 cup
- Rawa – 1 tbsp
- A Pinch of salt –
- Oil for deep frying –
- Heat the milk in a pan and add ghee, sugar and mix well, allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour and milk, prepare a soft dough, cover it and keep aside for 30 min.
- Make round chapatis thicker than normal, cut into diamond shapes or straight in a length, with the help knife or cookie cutters or pizza cutter.
- Do not stack the pieces one above other and separate each cut.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the shankarpali carefully.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- When they are cooled at room temperature, store in air tight container.