Shakkar Para Recipe / Shakkarpare / Shakarpali
Shakkar para recipe is sweet and crunchy Indian snacks. Shakarpara is sugar coated crispy diamond shaped sweet. It is very famous festival snacks. Shakkar para recipe is made from a dough of maida and ghee, cut into any shape and after deep frying, they are coated with sugar syrup.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida – 2 cup
- Ghee – 3/4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- For making dough:—- In a big bowl, add maida or all fine flour and ghee, mix well.
- Add enough water and make a little more hard than poori dough, cover with muslin cloth and keep aside for 20-25 min.
- Break the dough into 3-4 pieces.
- Take 1 piece and roll it into a ball then flatten it with a rolling pin into a thick poori.
- Cut the pooris using knife into around 2 inch long and 1 inch wide pieces, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, put shakarpare.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown color on both sides.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- For making chashni:—- Heat the water in a pan on medium flame, add sugar.
- Cook it till sugar gets dissolve, boil more untill the solution become little viscous.
- Take 1 drop of chashni in a spoon and take the solution in between your thumb and index finger, if it is sticky means your chashni is ready and turn off the flame.
- Put the fried and cool shakarpare in solution.
- Mix it till they coated all over with solution and keep aside allow to cool.
- Store in a air-tight container.