Samosa Recipe / Punjabi Samosa Recipe / How To Make Samosa Recipe
Samosa recipe is a fried snacks with a tangy and tasty filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas and lentils. Samosa is a popular Indian snack. The samosa contains a maida flour shell stuffed with some filling, generally a mixture of mashed boiled potato, onion, green peas, green chili and spices. Then deep fried it turns little golden brown colour. Serve hot delicious samosas with a sweet or spicy chutney or top them with hot chole.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dough : —- –
- Maida Flour – 11/2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
For Filling:—— –
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Crushed Coriander Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Potato (Boil and roughly mashed) – 3/4 cup
- Pea – 1/4 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- For making dough:—- In a bowl, add oil, ajwain, salt and flour, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Cover with moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- For the filling:—-
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add green chili, crushed coriander seed and ginger, Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add mashed potato and pea, fry for 5-6 min.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala and dry mango powder, mix well and allow to cool.
- For making samosa:—-
- Make a thin 4-5 inch diameter round with small portion from the dough (like we make chapatti).
- Cut into two halves.
- Take one semi circle one, join the two corners of the straight line to form a cone.
- Place 2 tbsp of stuffing in the cone and apply little water in the edges and seal it nicely.
- Heat the oil in deep pan on medium flame, slide 2-3 samosa at a time.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot samosa with green/tamarind chutney.