Potli Samosa Recipe / Easy Potli Samosa Recipe / Potli Samosa / How To Make Potli Samosa
Potli samosa recipe is a fried snacks with a tangy and tasty filling. Potli samosa is a popular Indian snack during any occasional or festival. The potli samosa contains a maida flour shell stuffed with some filling, generally a mixture of mashed boiled potato, paneer, green peas, green chili, coriander leaves and spices. Then deep fried it till turns little golden brown colour. Serve hot delicious potli samosas with a sweet or spicy chutney.
- Prep Time: 30-35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for Dough – 3/4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Potato (boil and mash) – 2 medium
- Green Pea – 1/4 cup
- Paneer (cut into cubes) – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – as per taste
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- For making dough:—- In a big bowl, add salt, maida, ajwain and oil, mix well.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Cover with moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a similar way, you make another green dough and make strips from that (we use these strip to seal the potli).
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp palak paste (if you want different colour, you can use beetroot paste), little salt, little water and maida, make a soft dough and keep aside.
- For making filling:—-
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add green chili, potato, paneer cubes, pea, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, garam masala and green coriander, mix well.
- Fry for 4-5 min.
- You can also use moong dal masala or paneer masala in place potato-paneer filling.
- Make small balls out of the dough 11-12 balls and cover with muslin cloth, keep aside.
- Take one ball and make a thin poori out of that.
- Take the poori in your hand and put 2 tbsp stuffing in the center.
- Apply little water-maida solution (3 tbsp water and 1/2 tbsp maida) at the corner of the poori and give it a shape of potli and seal from all sides.
- For better look make a finger size strip with green dough and seal the potli.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the potli samosa.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown colour on both sides .
- Serve hot potli samosa with coriander chutney or tomato chutney.