Potato Stuffed Bread Pakora Recipe is a famous North Indian tea time snack. You can make two types of bread pakora using same gram flour batter — 1 – Aloo stuffed Bread Pakora (you can also add grated paneer with aloo) and 2 – Plain Bread Pakoras ( without aloo stuffing). Aloo stuffed bread pakora has filling of mashed potatoes (if you want you can add grated paneer), green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala, dry mango powder and salt. Coated with spicy gram flour mixture and fry it till pakora turns little golden brown. It is a very popular snack at all over Mumbai and Delhi especially road side. Aloo mixture is sandwiched between two slices of bread and coated with flavored besan batter. Serve hot bread pakora with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Bread Slice – 8 nos.
- Oil for frying
For the filling:——–
- Boiled Potatoes (mash it) – 3 nos. large
- Finely Chopped Green chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Chaat masala – 1 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
For the outer coating:——–
- Besan – 3 cup
- Hing – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- For stuffing:— In a bowl, add mashed aloo (also add grated paneer), ginger, green chili, coriander leaves, salt, chaat masala and dry mango powder, mix it well and keep aside.
- For coating:—– In big bowl, add besan, hing, red chili powder, little salt, ajwain, garam masala and coriander powder.
- Add around ½ cup water and mix it well. The batter should not be very thick nor too thin.
- Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Keep the ready batter aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying the pakoras.
- On your rolling board or cutting board, slice the bread into triangle shape.
- Keep a single triangle slice of bread on your cutting board.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture and spread it on the bread.
- Cover this potato stuffed bread slice with another bread slice.
- Just slightly press the aloo stuffed sandwich.
- Now dip the bread with gram flour batter and place it warm oil for frying.
- Fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot or warm bread pakora with tomato sauce or with any chutney of your choice.