Plain Sev Recipe / Omapodi Recipe / How To Make Omapodi / Spicy Omapodi Recipe
Plain sev recipe is a crispy snack and easy to make. It is prepared by using besan-gram flour, rice flour and spices. You can be stored in an air-tight container for a long time. The dough is formed into a snack by pressing through a sieve or sev making machine and deep frying in oil. You can be garnished over homemade chaat or prepare a savory mixture or cup of tea.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 4-5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Besan Flour – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil (for dough) – 3-4 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- In a bowl, add besan flour, salt, rice flour, oil and mix well.
- Then add water as needed (careful needs very less) and mix well, form a sticky dough.
- Attach a fine net to the Sev making machine and apply some oil on your hand, break of a big ball sized piece form the dough the roll it length wise.
- Put this rolled dough in the machine and close it.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and put in the hot oil.
- Fry it till truns little golden brown, turn over to cook on both sides.
- Break it roughly into pieces and allow to cool.
- Store in a airtight container.