Papdi Recipe / How To Make Papdi / Maida Papdi Recipe / Papri / Homemade Papdi Recipe / Papdi For Chaat Recipes
Papdi recipe is very crispy and good in taste. Papdis are deep fried maida disks flavored with carom seeds. You can serve as tea time snacks or used for making chaats. A chaat prepared with using these as base is papdi chaat and various chutney.
- Prep Time: 35-40 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Maida – 2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for dough – 1/2 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Carom Seed (optional) – 1/4 tbsp
- In a bowl, add maida or all fine flour, salt, ajwain, oil and mix well.
- Add water and prepare a hard dough, keep aside for 30-35 min and cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 25-30 equal balls.
- Take one round ball and make thin poori, using a fork, prick holes all over the circle (This is done to prevent the poori from puffing while frying).
- Then cut it into small circles using a bottle cap or cookie cutter. Remove the extra dough from the sides of the circles, knead again.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the papdi.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown colour and crisp on both sides.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
PAPDI RECIPE was last modified: April 1st, 2014 by