Paneer bread pakora recipe is famous North India street food. Paneer is good source of protein for vegetarian. Paneer pakoda is a perfect snack for a perfect evening snack. Paneer bread pakora has filling of spicy grated paneer, onion, green chili, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala, dry mango powder and salt. Coated with spicy gram flour mixture and fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side. Serve hot bread pakora with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Bread Slice (cut into square or triangle or any shape) – 6-8 nos.
- Oil for frying
For the filling or stuffing:——–
- Grated Paneer – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Green chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
- Chaat masala – 1 1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
For the outer coating:——–
- Besan – 3 cup
- Hing – a pinch
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- For stuffing:— Heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add ginger, green chili and onion.
- Fry it for 2-3 min.
- Now add grated paneer, coriander leaves, salt, chaat masala and dry mango powder, mix it well.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- For coating:—– In big bowl, add besan, hing, red chili powder, little salt, ajwain, garam masala and coriander powder.
- Add around ½ cup water and mix it well. The batter should not be very thick nor too thin.
- Check the seasonings and adjust according to your taste.
- Keep the ready batter aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying the pakoras.
- On your rolling board or cutting board, slice the bread into triangle shape or any shape.
- Keep a single triangle slice of bread on your cutting board.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of the spicy paneer mixture and spread it on the bread.
- Cover this paneer stuffed bread slice with another bread slice.
- Just slightly press the paneer stuffed sandwich.
- Now dip the bread with gram flour batter and place it warm oil for frying.
- Fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot or warm bread pakora with tomato sauce or with any chutney of your choice.