Onion Kachori Recipe / Pyaz Ki Kachori Recipe / Rajasthani Pyaz Ki Kachori
Onion kachori recipe is a spicy snack popular in various parts of India including Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. Pyaj Kachori is a fried pastry filled with a spicy onion filling. It is one of the famous spicy snack food from Jodhpur. They are perfect for an afternoon snack on a rainy day. You can serve with sweet and spicy tamarind or date chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Skill Level: Easy
For Dough:—– –
- Maida – 2 cup
- Oil for dough – 2-3 tbsp
- Water as per needed –
- Salt as per taste –
For Stuffing:—- –
- Finely Chopped Onion – 2 Cup
- Kalonji-Nigella Seed – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds-Saunf – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies – 1 tbsp
- Besan-Bengal Gram Flour – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying –
- For stuffing:—-
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds, green chilies and onion, mix well.
- Fry it till turns light golden brown in colour.
- Add the gram flour, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Fry for 4-5 min.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Keep aside and allow to cool completely.
- For making dough:—
- In a bowl, add maida, little salt and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Take small portion from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour the stuff mix and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little and make a poori, make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot onion kachori with tamrind or date chutney.