Oats Ka Cheela / Oats Ka Pancake / Oats Ka Chilla Recipe / Instant Oats Dosa
Oats ka cheela is healthy for diabetic patients because oats is low calorie. In addition, it also consumes very less oil. It is very healthy breakfast and very easy to make. Oats ka cheela is made of oats, tomato, onion, green chili, wheat flour and coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- A Pinch Hing –
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oats (soak in a 1 cup of lukewarm water for 15-20 min) – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, add soaked oats, wheat flour, onion, green chili, tomato, salt, red chili powder, mix well.
- Add little water in the mixture and make thick paste.
- Add hing, coriander powder and green coriander leaves, mix well and stir the batter for 4-5 min.
- Cover it and keep aside for 10-15 min.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 4-5″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot masala oats cheela with green coriander chutney.