Nimki Recipe / Nimki
Nimki recipe is popural snacks in Gujarat. Nimki has a flavor of kalonji, it give some different taste. It is tasty and crispy like as namakpaare. It has salty and spicy taste. You can serve tea or coffee.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Maida – 1 cup
- Oil for Dough – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Kalonji – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- For Paste:—- –
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- In a big bowl, add maida, salt, oil and kalonji, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- For paste:—- In a bowl, add ghee and maida, keep aside.
- Take one lemon size ball, place it on rolling plate and with help of rolling pin roll it in a circle with 3 inch diameter.
- Place the paste on rolled paratha and fold the rolled puri in a half moon shape.
- Now again fold it giving it a shape of cone and with help of fork make 4-5 pricks on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide nimkis in the pan and fry it till they get golden brown color.
- Store in air tight container when cooled completely.
NIMKI RECIPE was last modified: April 1st, 2014 by