Mix Vegetable Kachori / Vegetable Kachori Recipe / How To Make Vegetable Kachori
Mix vegetable kachori is a spicy and yummy snack popular in various parts of India. Vegetable Kachori is a fried pastry filled with a spicy mixture of vegetable. They are perfect for an afternoon snack on a rainy day. You can serve with sweet and spicy tamarind or date chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Stuffing :——–
- Finely Chopped Beans – 1/2 cup
- Pea (boil and mash) – 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Wheat Flour or Atta – 3 cup
- Ajwain (for dough) – 1 tbsp
- Water as per needed –
- Salt as per taste
- For making stuff:—— Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add beans, salt and pea.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- When nearly done, add green chili, ginger and lime juice.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder and mix well.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- For making dough:— In a bowl, add atta, little salt, ajwain and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Take small portion from the dough and make a hole in each round portion and pour the stuff mix and seal it.
- Roll these balls a little and make a poori, make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry it till turns little golden brown on both side.
- Serve hot vegetable kachori with curd or pickle or chutney.