Pakora is a popular and delicious Indian snack of fried fritters. Methi pakora recipe is very easy to make and crisp pakora recipe. Pakora is made by using methi leaves, besan flour, rice flour, onion, ginger, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda and salt, then deep fry it. You can enjoy it during evening snacks with tea. It can also be taken as a starter or as a tea time snack with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chopped Methi Leaves / Fenugreek Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Besan or Gram Flour – 3/4 cup
- Rice Flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add chopped methi, onion, ginger, green chili, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Add besan and rice flour, mix it well.
- Add little water and dissolve all lumps, make a thick batter.
- Keep aside the batter for 10-15 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, add spoonfuls of the methi pakora batter to the hot oil.
- Place as many pakora as possible at a time.
- Fry it till pakora turns little golden brown on both side.
- Remove the fried pakora with a slotted spoon.
- Drain the pakoras on kitchen paper towels or napkin to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot methi pakoras with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or tamarind chutney.