Methi Mathri Recipe / Methi Ki Mathri Recipe / How To Make Mathri / Methi Ki Mathri
Methi mathri recipe is a popular snack in North India and there are many versions of making mathri. Methi mathri recipe is made from maida, kasoori methi, ajwain, salt and black pepper. These crispy methi mathri can be stored for many days and serve with hot cup of tea or coffee. It is also a popular dish during Indian festivals and occasion.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Black Pepper (Crush the very coarsely) – 1 tbsp
- Maida or All Fine Flour – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi or Fresh Finely Chopped Methi Leaves – 1-2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Oil for deep frying –
- In a bowl, add all fine flour, salt, ajwain, kasoori methi or dry fenugreek leaves, oil, pepper and mix well.
- Add water and prepare a hard dough, keep aside for 15 -20 min and cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls and flatten them slightly.
- Press lightly the center with your thumb to make a slight depression and prick with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the methi mathri.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp on both side.
- Keep aside and allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.