Meethi Mathri Recipe / Indian Sweet Mathri / Sweet Mathri Recipes / How To Make Sweet Mathri
Meethi mathri recipe is sweet and crunchy Indian snacks. Meethi mathri recipe is sugar coated crispy mathri shaped sweet. It is very famous festival snacks. Meethi mathri is made from a dough of maida and ghee, made round shape of mathri and after deep frying, they are coated with sugar syrup.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Til/Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
For Sugar Syrup:—-
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Water – 11/2 cup
- For making dough:—- In a bowl, add maida flour and sesame seeds, mix well.
- Add milk and prepare a hard dough, keep aside for 15 -20 min and cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls and flatten them slightly.
- Press lightly the center with your thumb to make a slight depression and prick with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the mathri.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown colour on both side.
- Keep aside.
- For making sugar syrup:—–Heat the water in a pan on medium flame, add sugar and bring it to boil and stir it occasionally and let the sugar melt.
- Test the consistency constantly and we want it to be a 3 thread consistency.
- Dip the fried mathri into this sugar mix and remove instantly.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.