Masala Mathri / Khasta Masala Mathri Recipe / How To Make Mathri Recipe
Masala Mathri is one of the most famous and popular North Indian snack dish. It is also known as Nimkis. Mathris can also be made during diwali or holi or any occasions. Mathri is a made from all fine flour, cumin seeds, coriander seed, ajwain and salt. You can serve with mango, chilli or lemon pickle along with tea.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida or All Fine Flour – 2 cup
- Oil for Dough – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seed (make a coarsely powder) – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- In a bowl, add all fine flour or maida, salt, ajwain, coriander powder, oil, cumin seed and mix well.
- Add water and prepare a hard dough, keep aside for 15 -20 min and cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls and flatten them slightly.
- Press lightly the center with your thumb to make a slight depression and prick with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the mathri.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown color and crisp on both side.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.